The 'new normal'
Your Saftey is our priority
Covid-19 dining policy
Yours and our teams’ safety is our priority. Please take a look on how we are managing the ‘new normal’ though the following Covid-19 policy measures and dining guidelines.
Following the rules will ensure an enjoyable dining experience for you and your guests, and also ensure a safe working environment for our team
We ask and trust that our guests will adhere to these legal requirements.
- It is a legal requirement for all guests and staff to wear face masks in the restaurant and when picking up your online order.
These may be removed when seated at your table.
- We are taking reservations for a maximum of 6 people inside or outside, as per the new law. We will not accept large bookings split over several tables.
- We ask that you remain at your table and avoid ‘table-hopping’ to chat with other diners.
- If you see someone you know at another table and would like to speak with them, please do so on our terrace, but only if social distancing can be maintained from each other and other guests.
- Please honour your reservation arrival and departure times. We have staggered our reservations to ensure no-one is left waiting outside as we cannot have guests waiting by tables where other diners are seated. We have indoor and outdoor dining available. Table preferences will be carefully considered but cannot be guaranteed.
- If you feel unwell or you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, we ask that you cancel your reservation out of respect for our staff and other guests. If you fall ill within 2 weeks of dining at the restaurant, please contact us so that we may inform other guests that were dining at the same time as part of the Government track and trace guidelines.
Dancing is only possible at one’s table to avoid gatherings on the dancefloor.
Who says you can’t dine, dance and sparkle all in one place?
Thank you for your understanding and working with us on these policies whilst we all get used to the ‘new normal’.